JOB DESCRPTION- SUPERINTENDENT
Summary: Supervises and directs activities of the crews and coordinates Subcontractors. Keeps operations efficient and within specified deadlines and budgets. Responsible for overall quality of project.
A Superintendent for Site Work Specialists must:
- Safety on your project is your responsibility.
- Must have knowledge and experience in construction, concrete construction, wood and steel stud framing, and the operation of heavy machinery necessary to complete required duties. (Having a minimum of 5 years experience)
- Must be knowledgeable in layout and operation of theadolite and transit
- Responsible for layout of project
- Must be dependable and able to work as needed, including overtime
- Be physically fit and able to work for a minimum of 8 hours a day
- Must have valid drivers license
- Be able to pass a drug test, also an alcohol test if needed, and not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while at work
- Be able to lift 75lbs with out pain
- Must be able to work at heights over 10 feet
- Maintain acceptable personal hygiene
- Must be a team player by displaying a positive attitude towards the company, fellow employees and customers
- Attend and conduct safety meetings, maintain safe job site practices and the use of safety equipment. Ensure that crew follows safe practices.
- Use tools and equipment correctly, safely and maintain tools in good, clean working order. Supervise operation and maintenance of all machines and equipment on the job. Do not use equipment or tools unless knowledgeable about their proper safe use.
- Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Direct activities of workers
- Know your project
- Know your plans and specifications
- Know and follow your schedule
- Know your job cost and discuss with your Project Manager
- Know your material, equipment and manpower needs ahead of time and communicate those needs to your Project Manager = Two Week Schedule – Plan ahead!
- Pre-Task Planning – Plan ahead to do the task efficiently and safely.
- Having the right crew for the task at hand. Schedule crews’ duties and assign responsibilities.
- Attend project pre-construction and progress meetings and conduct coordination meetings with subcontractors. Communicate with, coordinate and direct supervisory personnel and subcontractors on various phases of the work
- Communicate with Project Manager, Owners, Architects, Engineers and Inspectors to resolve and coordinate construction.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure for accuracy, quality and that work conforms to plans and specifications
- Know what is needed for safety on your site
- Paperwork – Daily Logs, Weekly Safety Sheets, Time Cards, Walk Arounds and Two Week Schedules are correctly filled out and turned in on time.
- Perform training as needed in all areas of the project. Teach new and younger employees how to do their job better. Be ready to pitch in on any job even if it is below your skill level.
- Ensure that appropriate materials and equipment are on the site for the construction when needed.
- Review submittals and shop drawings to ensure that the materials and equipment received are correct.
- Advise Project Manager of job progress through daily logs and as needed. – Meet regularly with your Project Manager
- Complete the Job
- Timely completion of punch lists
- Warranty issues
- As-Built drawings
- Sell the Job
- Other duties as assigned
- Have your own tools as listed on the tool list, or be willing to purchase all required tools within 30 days of hire
Health Insurance - 1st of the month after 60 days of employment
AFLAC - 1st of the month after 60 days of employment
401K - 1st of the quarter after 1 year of employment
Dental - 1st of the month after 60 days of employment
Vision - 1st of the month after 60 days of employment
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line:
Site Work Specialists, Inc.